Create your own ocean scene in a box. Just print out shark and whale templates, draw some seaweed, corals, and your favorite fish. Paste, color, cut, hang them in a decorated box, and enjoy the ocean.
Estimated Time: 60 minutes
- Paper and a printer (stiff paper works best - colored paper is also great for this project)
- A shoe box or slightly larger box
- Crayons and/or markers
- Optional – Pipe cleaners (great for seaweed and coral)
- Optional – Glitter (for great bubbles)
- Optional – Thin cardboard to glue to the back of the animals if your paper is very flimsy (old cereal boxes work well)
- Optional – Plastic ocean animals
- Hang the fish and whales in the box using tape and thread. Tape your seaweed and coral to the bottom of the box. Green and brown pipe cleaners also make nice plants.
- Enjoy your ocean diorama!
Estimated Grade Level
Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page:
2nd - 3rd
You Might Also Like:
Crafts By Material
▾ See more